Whenever Amos looks at Israel, the guy confirms Pfeiffer’s analysis: “‘I can destroy the winter domestic plus the summer-house; the latest domiciles from ivory shall perish, therefore the high property should keeps an end,’ states the lord” (Amos step three:15). This type of pair wealthy Israelites was in fact thus rich which they possessed maybe not a single house, but two, three to four! Blinded by the the riches, thinking Jesus got prospered them due to their righteousness, they forgotten the brand new terrible oppressions these were inflicting on terrible and you will poor. For this, God pledges punishment.
• I won’t turn out its abuse, as they sell the fresh new righteous for gold, plus the bad having a couple of shoes. They pant following soil of your planet which is towards the your mind of the bad, and you will pervert ways of one’s modest. (Amos dos:6-7)
• Hear this term, your cattle of Bashan, that are into slope out of Samaria, exactly who oppress poor people, just who crush new desperate, who tell your husbands, ‘Give wines, let’s take in!’ (Amos cuatro:1).
The newest strong and you may rich used the statutes and also the courts so you’re able to its advantage contrary to the weakened and you may terrible whom could not manage legal advice
• Woe for you . . . exactly who rest into the bedrooms away from ivory, stretch out on the sofas, eat lambs regarding the flock and you can calves from the middle out-of this new appears; which chant towards the sound off stringed devices, and you may invent to possess yourselves tunes products such as for instance David; which drink wine from dishes, and you will anoint yourselves towards the better ointments (Amos six:3-6).
The guy identifies a very wealthy individuals. Boys looked for to make money at any rate, whatever the outcomes for the “nothing kid.” The fresh new derogatory term “cattle regarding Bashan” means brand new rich women that regulated Israelite family members, to make means to their husbands to make sure they’re in their always lives. Bad someone traditions ostentatious lifestyle, luxuriating in high priced materialism, satiating the tissue having wine and you can rich delicacies, it refuted themselves little.
But how performed it get for example money? Possessions and you may court rackets! Exploiting poor people! Dubious business marketing! The second always came out towards small stop of one’s contract.
They hate the person who rebukes on the door, and additionally they abhor the one who speaks uprightly. . . . Having I understand your own manifold transgressions along with your mighty sins. You afflict the latest merely and take bribes; you divert the indegent out of fairness from the gate. (Amos 5:ten, 12)
Israelites kept the personal meetings and court trials at urban area entrance where everyone you may aplikacja tsdates experience the proceedings. When rebuked into the method in which it lived, for their public thinking, because of their immorality, due to their lack of spirituality, the newest hedonistic Israelites carry out typically malign otherwise violence its critic instead than simply repent. Bribery, obstruction out-of fairness and you may episodes into the law-abiding everyone was prominent situations.
Perhaps its company strategies was in fact corrupt, but certainly the newest religious markets off society kept a top ethical practical! What did Amos find when he noticed this new people’s spiritual life?
Render a give up off thanksgiving having leaven, declare and you may announce the new freewill choices; for it you adore, you college students off Israel!
• “Come to Bethel and transgress, on Gilgal multiply transgression; bring your sacrifices every morning, their tithes the 3 days [margin, years]. ” claims the lord God. (Amos 4:4-5)
• But do not look for Bethel, nor get into Gilgal, nor ticket out to Beersheba; to own Gilgal shall absolutely get into captivity, and you will Bethel will reach little. Find the lord and you can real time. (Amos 5:5-6)
• I detest, We dislike your own banquet days, and i do not savor their sacred assemblies. you bring Myself burnt products and your grain choices, I won’t undertake him or her, nor will i respect your own fattened tranquility choices. Pull away regarding Me the latest looks of your own tunes, to possess I won’t tune in to the fresh beat of the stringed devices. However, let fairness run down such as for example drinking water, and righteousness instance a mighty weight. (Amos 5:21-24)